Saturday, March 22, 2008

Never Check Your Bags

After having too many incidents where airlines have lost my luggage I no longer check any bags, if I can't carry it on I don't bring it. Some of you may think that this would be impossible for a trip longer than 4 or 5 days but all of my trips are over three weeks long. I bring two suits, 4 shirts, 5 ties and a couple pairs of shoes. I also bring workout shoes and clothes for the gym. I rely on the hotel laundry service about every other day. I have one 22" Tumi carry on size bag and one Samsonite Tote-On-Wheels large size briefcase. My briefcase holds everything from a laptop, projector, Ipod and about a hundred other necessary items. If you need some additional items or larger things you can always ship them to your hotel UPS air for a price. If I can do it you can do it and just think how nice it is to beat everyone through Customs and out of the airport because you didn't need to wait another 30 or 40 minutes at the luggage carousel.

No comments: